Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back to the Grind

Let's not talk about last semester.

School starts back tomorrow. I'm cautiously looking forward to getting back to classes. I know I have a tough slate of classes ahead of me this time with LOTS of reading involved. Here's what the schedule looks like:

Monday, Wednesday Friday:

British Literature I -- 9AM-950AM

Human Development -- 12Noon-1250PM

Tuesday:

Philosophical Issues -- 930AM-1045AM

Environmental Geology Lab -- 11AM-1250PM

Environmental Geology -- 1PM-150PM

Thursday:

Philosophical Issues -- 930AM-1045AM

Environmental Geology -- 1PM-150PM

I'm hoping that having a two hour break between classes this time will encourage me to actually do some homework, or at least stay on top of the reading. My biggest problem with school has ALWAYS been that I choose not to do homework. Most of the time, I've been able to get by just fine without it, however those times when I have committed an EPIC FAIL has been almost exclusively the result of not keeping up with the homework.

To that end, I actually got my school books before Christmas and spent some of my break trying to get ahead in the reading. Obviously, I have no idea what essays/stories will be required in my British Literature course, since the books (there are three of them!) have a huge assortment of readings and we can't possibly cover all of them. I was able to get through the first couple of chapters in my Philosophy textbook, though, and I skimmed through the first several chapters of Environmental Geology. Again, I'm not too worried about the Human Development class (yet!) since it's a psychology class and I can usually do pretty well in those without really trying (Did I mention I got a B in my Abnormal Psychology class last semester?)

I'm going to leave it there for now. I'll get back tomorrow with some first impressions of my new professors and the class overviews.

Have fun, and keep living life... or some approximation thereof!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...